I’ve been behind on posting updates (and behind on doing genealogy in general, though I’m doing better now).
- Margaret Ileta Shinn Wininger (my grandfather’s aunt)
- John Calvin Wininger (Margaret’s husband)
- Elmo Pershing Crowder (my grandfather’s brother)
- Fred Alexander Crowder (my grandfather’s brother)
I found a GenealogyBank obituary for Loula Ellen DeHart, my grandmother’s mother.
San Emeterio line
I found a GenealogyBank obituary for Maria Antonia San Emeterio, my grandfather’s sister. I’d found some records that seemed to match Maria Antonia but had her in Georgia and Texas, which didn’t seem right (all I knew was that she was a nun in Pennsylvania), but the obituary said that she did in fact go to Georgia and Texas.
I’ve also started sourcing birth records for my Polanco, Spain line (San Emeterio, Fuentevilla). Twenty years ago my mom did most of the research on the later lines, so it’s fairly quick work (since I already know what dates to look for). I’ve done the birth records for the following so far:
- José Fuentevilla Fuentevilla
- Josefa Fuentevilla Gandara (José’s daughter)
- Francisca Maria Fuentevilla Gandara (José’s daughter)
- Maria Remedios Fuentevilla Gandara (José’s daughter)
- Maria Luisa Fuentevilla Gandara (José’s daughter)
I haven’t yet been able to find the birth record for Manuela Gandara Cobo. Her father, José Gandara Valdecilla, was born in Ceceñas, Medio Cudeyo, Santander, and her mother, Josefa Cobo, was born in Setién, Marina de Cudeyo, Santander. I haven’t started looking in either place yet.